Thursday, May 22, 2008

Remakes...Remakes...Remakes....

I was recently watching snippets of the movie (Kuzhanthayum Deivamum) on SunTV in which 'kutti padmini' acted and I immediately realized that the crux of the movie was similar to the movie Parent Trap that Lindsay Lohan acted. Suddenly I realized that the english version seemed to have released later than the tamil version. I thought it was not possible for an english movie to be remade from a tamil film, so I yahooed the movie. I found that the first Parent Trap was taken in the 60s and the Tamil version was taken after that. The second Parent Trap was taken after this. Also I found a Hindi movie also remade from Parent Trap.
The story is about twin girls who accidentally meet and switch places to re-unite their separated parents. It is a cute story, but I cannot understand why Indian cinema always get their ideas from western movies. :-)

1 comment:

Sachita said...

For what its worth, I liked the tamil version better. May because, I saw it when I was probably kutti padmini's age in that movie and had the innocence to enjoy it.